Caravan
motorradtraeger

Wohnmobil ohne homologation

Frank6991 am 20 Jan 2019 13:55:11

Hello.
I'm Frank, I'm from Italy and I'm gonna ask your help in english since my german knowledge is a bit limited.

My plan in the next few months is to purchase a van combi/people mover(like an Opel Vivaro), take the back seats out and stick inside a bed, wordrobe, sink, fridge, a small battery and maybe even a solar panel; but everything in a manner that is tightly fixed but not in a permanent way (movable) so that it can be taken apart in a few minutes, and without making any structural changes or drilling any hole in the frame.

I want to keep the original homologation, the M1/for transport of people since in Italy is really really hard and time consuming to change the homologation to "camper/wohnmobil".
My question is: when visiting a contry like Germany, Austria or even Switzerland do I get in trouble if the police stops me driving around in this configuration? (Even if I prove that everything I have in the back is temporary and I can easily put back the 9 seats when I go back home)
Is it already a crime to remove the additional rear 6 seats since on the "car documents" it's written that there are 9 seats in total?

For various other reason I'm not planning on buying a working van/kastenwagen or a van which is already camperized like a california.

Could you please give me a straight answer or some links of forums where this problem has already been discussed?

Another plan could be buying a van in Germany, getting all the paperwork right with the TUV and then bring it to Italy but that seems quite complicated and costly.

Thank you for your time.

Anzeige vom Forum

Hier findest Du vielleicht schon, was Du suchst: --->Link

Harro am 20 Jan 2019 14:29:33

Hi Frank,

if you use a transporter, Vivaro etc, as a camper van you can do that in Germany without homologation. The inside equipment ist only load, which must be fixed for a save drive. The van stays to be a van, not a camping car. No problems with legal rights as far as I know. You are in the same state as transporting furnitures.

On the other hand there are many camper parkings in Germany and all around Europe reserved for camper vans. I don't know whether you can stay there legaly. If you don't have a toilet it will cause problems anyway. A few times in France I was controlled to have a toilet. I think, on a normal camping ground you will have no problems.

I hope this gives you an idea.

Best regards

Harald

Frank6991 am 20 Jan 2019 17:25:54

Ok.
Thankyou very much for the answer.

Not being accepted in campings is not one of my major concerns.
But knowing that I can drive around with a few camping furnitures in the back without an homologation makes my day.

Elgeba am 20 Jan 2019 18:30:45

There is no problem to be accepted on Campgrounds,nobody will ask you about details of your car.-

Greetings

Bernd

• Die neuesten 10 Themen
  •  
  • Die neuesten 10 Reiseberichte
  • Die neuesten 10 Stellplätze

Empfehlung Rückfahrkamera Fiat Ducato
Kastenwagen Ex Hundehütte?
Alle Rechte vorbehalten ©2003 - 2018 AGB - Datenschutzerklaerung - Kontakt